Departure

Na sa kanyang paglayag
Makita ang tinatamasang
Maningning na liwanag.

[That in one's voyage
One will see what one desires
A glimmering light.] (2010)

The bus to Montréal just left, and I can't help but just feel a deep sense of sadness as we pass by these buildings and busy streets leading out of Toronto. Why am I leaving once again? I always find that I'm the one intentionally leaving people behind, and it really breaks me every time. But there's no other way but up. No other choice but move forward.

And it's so strange that even within just a month, I've found what God wants me to find. Here lies a family among the crowds, a best buddy among a closely-knit group of friends, a hometown among many hometowns, an oasis among stretches of rivers along the vast expanse of a desert. I can't believe that new friends felt like people you've known and cared for a long time, simple words of encouragement felt like chicken soup for the soul, the outpouring of love felt like gushing winds that just blow me away. I feel like a real human being once again. This is the goodness of God working in my life.

Yet, this isn't the real destination. There's more to life than just settling down among a bed of roses. There's much more in store, and God doesn't want me to miss out. And if that's my story, so would be everyone else's story. God wants us to live out our own life stories.

So thank you Every Nation GTA and other (new) friends I've met in Toronto. Thank you guys for living life. Thank you that you chose to collide your own paths with mine. Thank you for giving me a chance to come out of my shell and trust people once again. Thank you for regaining my once crumbling faith and belief in relationships. You never knew just how much you've done for me by just being there. You are the best. :)

I'll see you when I get back, Toronto!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on “Have We Even Arrived Before Coming Back Home Again?”

Inspiration: Bus Ride Back to Toronto